This form is required by all visitors at White Oak Stables even if you will not be riding.
In The Barn
- Be respectful. No cheating, stealing, fighting, bullying, gossip or bad behavior will be tolerated.
- Do not run, scream or make sudden movements in the barn or near a horse in the arena.
- An ASTM/SEI certified helmet must be worn at all times when mounted. No exceptions, no bike helmets.
- No smoking, drinking or illegal substances, weapons or firearms.
- Minors under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Don’t use something that doesn’t belong to you without permission from the owner.
- Don’t leave your horse unattended in the wash stall or center aisle.
- Pick up after yourself, don’t leave trash behind.
- Put things back where you found them.
- Leave gates and doors the way you found them.
- Turn off lights when you’re done using them.
- Don’t leave the water running when you’re done using it.
- Only use a slip knot, cross-ties or break away ties to restrain a horse.
- No dogs off leash
Riding Lessons & Practice Rides
- You may only ride your designated horse (check the white board).
- Only use the tack that belongs to your horse. If your tack is missing or not available ask for help.
- At the arena, while you wait for the instructor to arrive:
- Beginner lessons – hold your horse, do not mount.
- Intermediate lessons – mount and walk your horse to warm up.
- Advanced lessons – mount and walk/trot your horse to warm up.
- Clean your tack with saddle soap and put it away when you’re done with it.
- If your horse had a blanket or fly mask on, put it back on before returning it to its stall or pasture.
- Please ask before feeding a horse anything other than carrots, apples, peppermints or commercial horse treats.
In The Arena
- Keep the gate closed while someone is riding in the arena.
- Watch out for other riders in the arena.
- Call inside or outside as you pass another rider.
- If you knock jumps down put them back up before you leave.
- Please ask before re-arranging jumps.
- Follow all instructions given by white Oak Stables staff and instructors.
- Do not walk directly behind a horse.
- Do not stand directly in front a horse.
- Watch your toes as a horse walks by, keep them parallel to the horse if you are standing near them.
- Keep your hand flat and your thumb tight against your palm while you feed a horse treats.
- Do not enter or open a pasture or stall without permission.
- Do not tie or wrap a lead rope around your hand, arm, or leg.
- Do not tie a horse by it’s bridle.
- Be aware of other people in the arena and entering or exiting the arena. Please wait to enter the arena if a horse in the arena is close to the gate.
- Keep party play and activities to the designated areas.