This quiz is part of our Rider Medals program. This assessment covers Level 2: Beginner I dismounting skills. It has an accompanying lesson plan to take the guesswork out of teaching this lesson, a worksheet for practice at the end of the lesson, and this quiz to test the rider’s knowledge at a later date.
The worksheet covers:
- You be the instructor – cross out the incorrect actions and write in the correct ones above.
- Put them in order – order the steps for dismounting correctly
- Think about it – reflect critically on:
- why we dismount the way we do
- an emergency dismount
- why an emergency dismount differs from a regular dismount
- what to do after dismounting and how we should put the horse away when we’re done