This worksheet is part of our Rider Medals program. This worksheet covers Level 1: Horsemanship I safety skills. It has an accompanying lesson plan to take the guesswork out of teaching this lesson so you can easily provide these worksheets at the end of the lesson. It covers the following topics:
- Thinking about which position their feet are most likely to be stepped on when they’re standing beside the horse
- Color in the horse’s blind spots and where they can see
- Put the steps in order to safely walk behind a horse
- Writing about how you can tell a helmet doesn’t fit properly
- Describing how to safely give a horse a treat
- Bonus: color in the horse’s favorite treat
This worksheet pairs well with our grooming journal, and beginner lesson journal page.
Download any of our paid content in one easy payment.
If you already have an All Access pass please Log In